Short – term Mission Trips
We organize short-term trips for groups. We welcome groups from churches from inside and outside of Mexico. The dates, activities, trip purpose and length of stay of each group can be established by the church pastor or group leader. Some examples of short-term programs that can be organized are:
- Therefore GO! – This is a program of approximately 10 days; three days of classes and one week of practice in the mission field. The practice includes evangelistic and service work in local communities.
- Work Projects on the Base – The Tarahumara Christian Center is a ministry in development and the opportunities to serve in construction work are virtually limitless. All of the construction progress depends on volunteer workers and financial donations.
- Local Work Projects – There are many opportunities to help nearby missionaries and churches with various work projects such as small construction projects, maintenance, etc.
- Vacation Bible Schools – There are many opportunities for this type of ministry in several villages here in the Sierra Tarahumara.
- Evangelism – Door to door evangelism, a film with an evangelistic message and open-air dramas are some of the ways that your team can evangelize. These activities are always done in collaboration with a local church that has a permanent presence in the area where the evangelism is being done so as to ensure proper follow-up.
Note: Many groups do a combination of two or more of the options mentioned above.
If you have ideas for different forms of ministry, whether work projects or outreaches, that are not mentioned above, feel free to share them with us so that we can see about the possibility of doing them with your team.